Usage and House Rules for the IAA TRANSPORTATION
Scope and general information
Within the scope of the IAA TRANSPORTATION, parts of the grounds of Deutsche Messe (hereinafter referred to as Exhibition Grounds), including CC/IC and the OpenAir Section, will be used as event site.
The following notes and regulatinos apply to visitors, exhibitors, supply and service companies, other facilities and organizations, and their personnel, and must be read carefully by them.
These Usage and House Rules are part of the granting of access. They provide information and a code of conduct for admission and residence during the IAA TRANSPORTATION on the Exhibition Grounds.
Entry to the Exhibition Grounds is via the security check at the entrance, and departure is via the exits.
At the latest when an admission ticket, pass or other entry authorization (e.g. accreditation) is used and when visitors, exhibitors, supply or service companies, other organizations or companies enter the exhibition grounds, they and their personnel confirm that they understand and accept these Usage and House Rules.
The aims of these Usage and House Rules are:
• to prevent any risk, damage or harm to persons and material goods
• to protect the Exhibition Grounds from damage and soiling
• to guarantee the smooth run of the IAA TRANSPORTATION
1. Organizer of the IAA TRANSPORTATION is the Verband der Automobilindustrie e. V. (VDA, German Association of the Automotive Industry), Behrenstrasse 35, 10117 Berlin, Germany.
2. The exhibition is prepared and held in cooperation with Deutsche Messe AG, Messegelände, 30521 Hannover, Germany.
Venue and duration of the exhibition
3. The IAA TRANSPORTATION is held on the grounds of Deutsche Messe AG in Hanover
4. The IAA TRANSPORTATION takes place in the period from September 20 to 25, 2022 for the general public. September 19, 2022 (Press Day) is an exclusive preview day for the media.
5. The exhibition is open to visitors from September 20 to 25, 2022 from 9:00 to 18:00 h. On the 1st Press Day (September 19, 2022) as well as on the 2nd Press Day and Opening Day (September 20, 2022) the exhibition grounds will be accessible for journalists from 8:00 h. VDA reserves the right to bring the opening times forward if necessary.
6. The supply and service companies that have been registered by the VDA, and the other facilities and organizations, are required to keep their facilities, equipment and premises ready for use and accessible during the opening times published by the VDA, unless differing operating and opening times are determined by the VDA.
Construction and dismantling
7. The VDA takes charge of the exhibition grounds on September 8, 2022 to prepare the exhibition. On this day the VDA begins to prepare the grounds for the exhibition. Construction of the exhibition stands and other facilities may begin at the same time.
8. All supply and service companies, other facilities and organizations which have been registered by VDA for the exhibition must have completed the necessary preparations on September 18, 2022 (18:00 h) unless other deadlines have been set by VDA.
9. Packaging materials, waste, etc., must be removed when construction is completed, i.e. on September 18, 2022 (18:00 h). The VDA has the right to have remaining material removed at the expense and risk of the organization responsible.
10. Clearing of the exhibition grounds begins at 18:00 h on September 25, 2022 and must be completed by midnight (24:00 h) on September 30, 2022. Immediately after closure of the exhibition, the roadways must be cleared of sales stands, stock and supplies, and similar objects/materials. Stands and other areas which the organizer has made available to the supply and service companies, or other organizations or companies, must be returned in their original condition.
11. VDA/Deutsche Messe has the right to restore the original condition at the expense and risk of the organization responsible and to dispose of any objects, materials or waste that have not been removed at the appropriate time
Admission passes and entry to the grounds
12. During the period from 12:00 am on September 20, 2022 to 6:00 pm on September 25, 2022 persons will be admitted to the Exhibition Grounds only if they are in possession of admission passes prescribed by the VDA and only at the designated entry points. Children under the age of 14 may enter the Exhibition Grounds only under adult supervision.
13. VDA will set up the IAA Event Office in the Information Center (IC). The office is responsible for all matters concerning admission, exit and admission passes.
14. Supply and service companies, other facilities and organizations that have been registered by the VDA may apply solely to the IAA Event Office for admission passes. This applies both to free passes and to those for which a charge is made.
15. Detailed regulations governing admission, exit and admission passes, are set out by the VDA in the Organizational & Technical Guidelines. They form part of these Usage and House Rules and have been sent to the exhibitors by e-mail in advance.
16. Admission controls and security checks are carried out at all entrances to the Exhibition Grounds. Proof of identity must be produced upon request.
17. Visitors, exhibitors supply and service companies, other facilities and organizations and their personnel are required to present their admission passes to the security services when entering the Exhibition Grounds and to surrender them for inspection upon request, or to present some other authorization (e.g. accreditation). The security services may request visitors to produce their admission passes for inspection at any time while on the Exhibition Grounds.
18. Failure to present such authorization will result in denied access, and/or visitors, exhibitors, supply and service companies, other organizations or companies and their personnel being expelled from the Exhibition Grounds.
19. Admission passes are valid and usable as specified in the Exhibition Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions for ticket sales to visitors.
Security checks and prohibited items
20. The security services are authorized to search persons who wish to enter the IAA for dangerous or other prohibited items. The search may include the clothing of such persons and any containers they have with them, and may involve technical equipment.
21. The security services are authorized to deny entry to the Exhibition Grounds to persons who refuse to comply with a search or who, owing to their particular personal condition, could jeopardize the objectives of the Usage and House Rules (e.g. owing to the consumption of alcohol or drugs). This also applies to persons who wish to bring dangerous or other prohibited items onto the Exhibition Grounds. In such cases, there shall be no right to reimbursement of the admission price. The security services may decide to permit entry if the dangerous or other prohibited items are deposited by the visitor outside the Exhibition Grounds.
22. Objects whose possession is illegal will be confiscated and handed over to the police together with details of the person in whose possession they are discovered.
23. Objects whose possession is prohibited by these Usage and House Rules may be deposited by the visitor at designated points as instructed by the security services. This shall not constitute a safekeeping agreement. No liability is accepted for items that are lost, mislaid or damaged. At the end of the event, the VDA may dispose of any items that are not collected, or may designate them for another purpose as it sees fit.
24. Prohibited items are:
- Objects of any type that are prohibited by law (e.g. drugs)
- Pyrotechnic objects of any type
- Weapons of any type
- Blunt objects, cutting objects, and missiles
- Objects bearing words or images of an advertising, commercial, racist, sexist, provocative, defamatory, irreverent, religious or political nature, and objects that may damage the reputation of the IAA (e.g. banners, signs and flyers)
- Any poles made of wood or metal. Sticks or other walking aids may be brought onto the exhibition grounds only by frail persons for whom they are essential aids
- Roller skates, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, Segways and electric carts, buggies or similar objects used for locomotion. Disabled persons’ aids are exempted upon presentation of documentary evidence of the disability
- All containers made of glass (e.g. glasses and bottles)
- Laser devices and megaphones
- Drones and other flying objects (drones or other flying objects may not be operated on or flown onto the Exhibition Grounds from outside the grounds)
- Animals of all types. Exceptions may be made for assistance dogs and guide dogs. Service dogs are also exempted. Dogs are to be put on a muzzle.
- All other types of dangerous objects
25. From the beginning of construction to the end of dismantling, i.e. from September 8 to 30, 2022, VDA has the domiciliary rights on the Exhibition Grounds.
26. The VDA reserves the right to expel from the exhibition grounds any organizations or persons infringing these Usage and House Rules, in particular persons who are found on the grounds without an admission pass or found misusing admission passes, and to confiscate those admission passes without providing compensation.
27. All persons who enter the grounds must behave in such a manner that they do not harm, endanger, hinder or annoy others.
28. All persons entering the Exhibition Grounds are required to avoid thoughtlessly discarding waste, packaging or empty containers, but to dispose of such items in the waste containers provided on the grounds. The materials must be separated as indicated.
29. All persons entering the Exhibition Grounds must follow the orders of the police, the fire service, and the security and rescue services. Any persons intentionally or negligently failing to follow such orders may be expelled from the Exhibition Grounds by the security services or the police.
30. All entrances, exits and emergency, escape and rescue routes must be kept clear. Irrespective of these Usage and House Rules, additional necessary orders may be issued in individual circumstances to prevent and eliminate danger to life, health and/or property. Any such instructions of the VDA, the police or the security services must be followed.
31. The VDA has the right to inspect the storage compartments of motor vehicles and any containers or bags carried by persons on the exhibition grounds. The VDA reserves the right to expel persons from the Exhibition Grounds who refuse to submit to the inspection measures.
32. Smoking is prohibited in common hall areas (e.g. hall aisles and rest areas) and in the restaurants and bistros. Within a stand, smoking may be permitted by the exhibitor.
33. All supply and service companies, other facilities and organizations that are registered by the VDA, and persons engaging in commercial activities on the grounds, must comply with all fire safety Guidelines, building Guidelines and trade control Guidelines, and with all the accident prevention Guidelines of the German Berufsgenossenschaften (institutions for statutory accident insurance and prevention); also as an obligation to the VDA.
34. Vehicles powered by volatile fuels (gasoline, benzene, LPG) may not be driven into the halls under their own power. Transportation within the halls by means of forklift trucks is the exclusive responsibility of the forwarding services.
35. The VDA has the right to check compliance with sections 32 and 33 above at any time. In cases of infringement the VDA has the right to have the improper state of affairs remedied at the expense and risk of the company or organization responsible.
36. Supply and service companies, and other facilities and organizations, are liable for any damage arising from failure to comply with legal Guidelines, these Usage and House Rules or any special orders issued by the VDA, and for all other damage that they cause.
37. They are also liable to the VDA for any damage arising from intent or negligence of their employees or other agents or representatives as if this was their own.
38. The VDAs liability to visitors, the supply and service companies, and to other facilities and organizations registered by the VDA, and their personnel, during the time they spend on the exhibition grounds including in the halls, is limited to damage caused by the VDA, its agents, or employees either intentionally or due to gross negligence, except in cases where major contractual obligations have been breached. Accordingly, no replacement or compensation shall be given, for example, for damage arising from theft or defects associated with the owner of the grounds, or arising from similar causes.
39. Except in cases of deliberate misconduct, the VDAs liability is limited to compensation for predictable damage typical in association with such contracts, unless there has been a grossly negligent breach of major contractual obligations.
40. Accidents and damage must be reported without delay.
41. Any breach of the Usage and House Rules, and in particular any conduct endangering safety, entitles the security services to expel the person breaching the Usage and House Rules from the Exhibition Grounds. In such cases the visitor shall not be entitled to reimbursement of the admission price
42. All criminal or administrative offenses will be reported to the authorities. The relevant information concerning the circumstances, including personal information, which is collected during the investigation of a breach of the Usage and House Rules, will be made available to the responsible authorities for launching criminal proceedings and for determining appropriate measures
43. The VDA reserves the right to assert other claims (such as claims for damages).
Advertising and offering goods and services
44. Advertising and the offering of goods and services on the exhibition grounds are permitted only with written authorization from the VDA. Persons on the grounds engaging in advertising, offering goods or services, without authorization from the VDA or in violation of Guidelines and conditions associated with such authorization, will be expelled from the exhibition grounds. Unauthorized advertising measures on the exhibition grounds will incur a penalty of € 3500.00 plus VAT per incident. Admission passes will either be confiscated or blocked electronically, without compensation. Vociferous recommendation or extolling of goods, the distribution of promotional items, and unreasonable emissions (e.g. sound and light effects) are prohibited. Gasfilled balloons must not be distributed. Opinion surveys are not permitted.
45. Persons on the grounds engaging in advertising, offering goods or services, or soliciting orders, without authorization from the VDA or in violation of regulations and conditions associated with such authorization, will be expelled from the exhibition grounds. Their admission passes will be either confiscated or blocked electronically, without compensation.
46. The above provisions shall also apply to selling or giving away dangerous tools, including in particular pocket knives, hunting knives and similar items that may cause substantial injury.
47. The VDA has commissioned surveillance of the exhibition grounds from the beginning of construction up to the end of dismantling. This does not replace surveillance of individual stands.
48. Supply and service companies and other facilities and organizations registered by the VDA may enter into additional agreements concerning surveillance of their property brought onto the grounds. Vehicle traffic on site
49. The German Road Traffic Guidelines (StVO) apply on the exhibition grounds. The maximum permissible speed is 20 km/h.
50. Motor vehicles may be brought onto the exhibition grounds during the periods of construction and dismantling. The VDA reserves the right to limit or prevent vehicle traffic if this is in the interest of orderly construction and dismantling of the exhibition or is necessary to satisfy safety Guidelines.
51. All vehicles brought onto the grounds during the construction period must be removed from the exhibition grounds on September 18, 2022 (18:00 h).
52. The only vehicles allowed onto the grounds during the exhibition are supply vehicles; these are permitted access only where this is absolutely necessary and only in possession of a special permit from the VDA.
53. Vehicles on the exhibition grounds found failing to comply with the instructions of the VDA, or infringing sections 50 to 52 above, may be towed away at the owner’s expense and risk. Vehicles which have been towed away will be released only between 8.00 h and 18.00 h, upon production of the Fahrzeugschein (vehicle registration document) and payment of the expenses incurred.
Cleanliness of the exhibition grounds
54. All the supply and service companies, and other facilities and organizations, registered by the organizer are responsible for cleaning their stands and other areas made available to them for their activities
55. Littering in the halls or on the exhibition grounds is prohibited.
Photography and recordings
56. Any visitor entering the Exhibition Grounds, and/or participating in any event of the IAA TRANSPORTATION acknowledges that the IAA is a public event where photographic, video and audio recordings are made, which will be used by means of direct or subsequent video display for direct or subsequent transfer, transmission or recording using photographs or other media technologies.
57. By visiting the IAA TRANSPORTATION and participating in any event associated with it, visitors declare to the VDA their consent to the creation, processing and use of the photographic, video and audio recordings for documentation purposes and as part of the press and publicity work surrounding the IAA TRANSPORTATION undertaken by the VDA or its agents. The photographic, video and audio recordings may be stored until the visitor informs the VDA that his/her consent has been revoked. If visitors do not consent, they may contact the VDA by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about data protection is available at: www.iaa-transportation.com/en/data-protection.
58. Visitors declare their consent to the creation, processing and use of the photographic, video and audio recordings without recompense for documentation purposes and as part of the press and publicity work surrounding the IAA TRANSPORTATION. 59. It is possible that exhibitors will make photographic, video and audio recordings at the exhibition stands and/or on other exhibition areas allocated to them on the trade show grounds. In such cases, the exhibitors themselves are solely responsible for complying with the legal requirements.
60. Commercial productions for TV, video and new media, and the photographing of stands, in particular of exhibits, are permitted only with the express consent of the exhibitor and are otherwise prohibited.
61. In all other respects, any person making a recording is themself responsible for complying with the applicable legal requirements. If a person makes photographic, film or audio recordings of his/her own, they must in particular not infringe the personal rights of third parties, industrial property rights or data protection guidelines.
62. Visitors declare their consent to the creation, processing and use of the photographic, video and audio recordings without recompense for documentation purposes and as part of the press and publicity work surrounding the IAA TRANSPORTATION.
63. To manage the flows of traffic and of visitors, for security purposes and for investigation of violations of the law and of breaches of the Usage and House Rules, video recordings may be made of the visitor areas anywhere on the Exhibition Grounds; the legal basis is Section 4 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) in conjunction with Art. 6, 13 and 14 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Notices at the entrances inform visitors of this video surveillance. The video recordings are not evaluated for any other purpose.
64. The controller of data processing is the Verband der Automobilindustrie e. V. (VDA)
Behrenstr. 35 10117 Berlin, Germany
Phone.:+49 30 897842-0
E-mail: email@example.com The data protection officer may be contacted at the above address or by firstname.lastname@example.org.
65. In addition, exhibitors are bound by the IAA TRANSPORTATION’s Exhibition Conditions and the Organizational & Technical Guidelines of the IAA TRANSPORTATION as amended. Where there are difficulties in interpretation, the German version shall apply. 66. These Usage and House Rules apply to all events at the IAA TRANSPORTATION.
67. The current version of these Usage and House Rules is made accessible to the visitors, exhibitors, supply and service companies, other facilities and organizations, and their personnel, by appropriate means (publication on www.iaa.de and excerpts posted on the Exhibition Grounds).
As of January 2022